2018 Wink 106 High School Team of the Week-
“Kick for the Cash” Field Goal Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS VALID ONLY IN NEW YORK AND PENNSYLVANIA, AND IS OPEN ONLY TO QUALIFIED PERSONS (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
Promotion Period: The contest is scheduled to occur on seven separate dates to fall between 9/14/18 and 10/29/18 as determined by Team of the Week winning teams’ home game schedules.
Who May Enter: Contest is open to all entrants who are age 16 or older and hold a valid NY or PA government issued ID. Eligibility will be verified prior to awarding prizes. The following classes of persons are not eligible to enter, participate or win:
- Employees, officers, directors, agents or family members of the prior of Community Broadcasters (“Contest Administrator”), any other radio, TV or cable media group, New York State Army National Guard (“Sponsor”) any participating Sponsor(s), and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with this contest (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the members of the immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households, whether or not related, of any of the above;
- Individuals who are unable or unwilling to attend the designated game date to enter, or to be present to participate in the “Kick for Cash” contest attempt scheduled to occur on one of the to-be-determined seven dates.
- Current or former professional or semi-professional football or soccer players;
Finalist Selection & Notification – Maximum of one (1) finalist will be randomly selected for each scheduled date: There is no purchase necessary to participate. Members of the Contest Administrator and/or Sponsor organizations shall randomly designate and select one fan before half time of each game at which the home team has been chosen as “Team of the Week” through Wink 106 by using a random entry generator. The randomly selected fan must confirm their name, address, age, and school where they are enrolled as a student; and confirm their eligibility according to the requirements of these official rules. The eligible selected finalist shall then be provided a maximum of one opportunity to participate in the “Kick for Cash” contest on the field at
the designated time during the game. The select finalist must be present at the announced time and location as designated by the Contest Administrator in order to participate. A maximum of (1) fan shall be designated as the finalist for each of the seven dates to participate in the “Kick for Cash” contest. If the selected potential finalist is not eligible, does not wish to participate, or is not present at the required time and location as designated during the selection process, that finalist shall be disqualified, and Contest Administrator reserves the right to randomly select an alternate finalist from those in attendance at the game, to replace any disqualified finalist. Finalists may participate once and only once through the entire promotion.
Kick For Cash Contest Winner – Maximum of one (1) Finalist attempt: In order for a prize to be awarded, the selected eligible finalist must print and sign their full name on the official affidavit of eligibility prior to their attempt, then must successfully complete the “Kick for Cash” skill related contest, as required by these Official Rules. In order for any prize to be awarded, the eligible finalist must successfully kick a football placed on the 30yd line completely through the field goal uprights prior to the :30-second time clock expiring. If no goal is completed
successfully, the participant will not be awarded cash prize. A complete goal is one where the contestant
kicks a NCAA regulation football (supplied by contest administrator) through the field goal posts located in the end
zone. The following requirements apply to the eligible finalist attempt in ‘Kick for Cash’ contest:
- The finalist must attempt the contest on their own behalf. Participation in the contest is non-transferable.
- A contestant shall not be permitted to take any practice or warm-up attempts prior to or during this event from any distance.
- Any attempt initiated from closer than the required minimum distance will be disqualified. Each kick attempt must be initiated from behind the demarcation line. A foot fault (contestant’s foot touching or crossing over the respective demarcation line) will disqualify that kick attempt.
- In order to be considered a successful kick attempt, the football may not come in contact with or bounce off of any person, wall or object, besides the goal post in any manner prior to entering the target opening other than the target. A football that contacts or bounces off of any person, wall or object prior to entering the target opening is immediately disqualified regardless of the outcome of the kick attempt.
- The football must pass completely and entirely through the field goal opening on the fly.
- A kick must have left the contestant’s foot prior to the :30-second time clock expiring in order to be eligible for the contest attempt.
Prize Awards & Delivery:
Prize award: In the event the selected eligible finalist successfully completes the Kick for Cash Contest, as required by these Official Rules, the prize shall be awarded per below, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these Official Rules.
The prize will be rewarded as follows:
- Completed Field Goal from 30 Yard Line (40 Yard Kick) = $500
Contest prize winner(s) must accept delivery of prize from contest administrater, or as otherwise instructed by contest administrator. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance is the responsibility of each winner including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except at contest administrator’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Each prize recipient will be required to complete and return a W-9 form, and liability/publicity release, and present a valid driver’s license or government issued ID before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize(s) and are responsible for paying all applicable taxes on prize(s). Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, finalist will not receive
any other prize substitution or compensation.
Additional Rules & Restrictions: By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to this contest. In the event an entrant wins a prize, and is later found to be in violation of these rules he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Administrator for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. Participation in contest constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any media worldwide without limitation or further compensation unless prohibited by law. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for any prize. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes/prize winners. By participating in contest and/or accepting prizes, winners agree to hold sponsor, and released parties (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto), and to assume all liability in connection therewith. Releasees shall not be liable to any winner, entrant or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Releasees’ sole control. No more than the advertised maximum number of prizes will be
awarded for any reason. All rules may be modified at any time by contest administrators.
IN CASE OF DISPUTES: By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and
questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State
of New York.
General Contest Rules:
In the following rules, “CBLLC” means Community Broadcasters, LLC,:
1. Some CBLLC contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on CBLLC during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
2. Anytime you call the CBLLC studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
3. Contestants agree, that their voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
4. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. CBLLC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
5. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the CBLLC studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent an IRS form 1099 if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
6. All CBLLC contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over unless otherwise noted. Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to CBLLC that will be presented to CBLLC and accepted before the prize is awarded.
7. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the CBLLC studios unless otherwise noted, between 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
8. Employees and Interns of Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, interns, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees or interns of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the CBLLC main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee or intern and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee or intern is current legal guardian.
9. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
10. CBLLC reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
11. Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
12. CBLLC reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) should events beyond CBLLC’s control warrant.
13. CBLLC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
14. CBLLC shall not be held liable for any technical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions.
15. Regarding CBLLC’s on-line contests, all fields must be completed and rules published for, for them on-line must be followed for eligibility to win.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of CBLLC, as defined at the exclusive discretion of CBLLC management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not CBLLC’s responsibility.
16. Radio stations are not responsible for issues/disconnect/drops with phone calls made to station for contesting. If your call becomes disconnected for any reason, we reserve the right to move on to next call to obtain winner(s).
17. A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the CBLLC studios.