Here are the rules for the This IS Country $1000 Contest.
- Listeners will be directed to pick up a copy of “This Is Country” magazine at participating locations. No purchase necessary. Purchase does not increase the odds of winning. The magazine is only available while supplies last.
- Contestants will be solicited on WNKI-FM, WPGI-FM, and WNGZ-FM on the air April 9th through April 27th Listeners will be asked to be a specific caller on each station’s request line and be asked a specific question about page location or other information of a specific advertisement or feature in “This Is Country.” If the caller correctly identifies that location or information, he or she becomes eligible to win the grand prize of one thousand dollars.
- Qualifiers will be asked to be present at Arnot Mall on Saturday May 5th, 2018 between 10am and 12pm. Each qualifier will check-in and register and a random drawing will be held to determine the winner of the Grand Prize.
- All contestants must be at least 18 years of age and show valid ID day of event to participate. All contestants will be provided a copy of the official contest rules and will be asked to sign a statement acknowledging receipt and understanding of the contest rules.
- Qualifiers may not substitute another person to take their place in contest.
- Only 1 person per household will be allowed to qualify and allowed to qualify only once.
- There will be only one winner of the Grand Prize.
- Winner is responsible for any local, state, or Federal taxes.
- All contestants must give consent that their voice, name, and/or picture or likeness may be used for promotional purposes (by signing rules).
- Employees of Community Broadcasters, LLC their families, unpaid interns thereof, employees of any other radio station in the Elmira-Corning metro area as defined by Nielsen and their unpaid interns and families, employees and family members of all other participating sponsors are ineligible to qualify or win.
- These rules may be amended at any time without notice.
- A written copy of the rules also available at Community Broadcasters, LLC in Elmira Heights during regular business hours.
- Please sign and date to indicate you have read and understand rules.
2018 Cutest Pet Rules
- One entry per person so choose your photo well!
- Photos must be submitted between April 16, 2018 at 9am through April 27, 2018 at 5pm or until the maximum number of 200 entries has been reached.
- Community Broadcasters has the power, in their sole discretion, to remove any participants from the contest for behavior we deem inappropriate.
- By submitting a photo, you understand that Community Broadcasters is not responsible for comments or negativity regarding the photo, posted to the WOLF webpage cbelmira.com/thewolf and Wolf 100.9’s social media but we will monitor the contest to the best of our ability and remove all comments in our sole discretion that is deemed inappropriate then block the user.
- Any abusive activity perpetrated by any contestant, their family, friends and or associates may in the sole discretion of Community Broadcasters, be removed and disqualified from the contest.
- Voting begins on April 23, 2018 at 9am. Voting will be separated in 5 rounds on a first come, first serve basis based on approval.
- Round 1 (pets 1-50) voting will run Monday April 23, 2018 at 9am until Sunday April 29, 2018 at Noon. The winner of Round 1 will move on to Round 5.
- Round 2 (pets 51-100) voting will run Monday April 30, 2018 at 9am until Sunday May 6, 2018 at Noon. The winner of Round 2 will move on to Round 5.
- Round 3 (pets 101-150) voting will run Monday May 7, 2018 at 9am until Sunday May 13, 2018 at Noon. The winner of Round 3 will move on to Round 5.
- Round 4 pets 151-200) voting will run Monday May 14, 2018 at 9am until Sunday May 20, 2018 at Noon. The winner of Round 4 will move on to Round 5.
- Round 5 (the top pet from each round) voting will run Monday May 21, 2018 until Thursday May 24th at 5pm.
- By submitting a photo, participants are agreeing to abide by these rules and conditions
How the Contest will Work:
Listeners will submit one picture of your pet on our website, http://www.cbelmira.com/thewolf/cutest-pet-contest/. Photos should feature only one pet. Once the photo has been approved, you will receive an email from us that your pet’s photo will be in the contest. We will NOT tell you which round your pet is in so please keep checking http://www.cbelmira.com/thewolf/cutest-pet-contest/. Community Broadcasters is not responsible for any technical error or malfunction. Photos must be submitted between April 16th 2018 at 9am through April 27, 2018 at 5pm or until the maximum number of 200 entries has been reached. Only one pet per family will be accepted. Fans can vote for their favorite photo from 4/23/18-5/18/18. Only one vote per day per IP address. You may vote in each individual “round”. You will have until 5pm on Thursday May 24, 2018 to get your votes in. The photo with the most votes will be announced on Friday May 25, 2018 on the air at and http://www.cbelmira.com/thewolf/cutest-pet-contest/ as well as the Wolf’s social media channels.
Tie breaker: In the event of a tie on votes, the prize will be split between the two entering parties.
Photos will be uploaded directly to http://www.cbelmira.com/thewolf/cutest-pet-contest/
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your Daytime Phone Number
- Pet’s Name
Additional Note: Employees of Community Broadcasters and their immediate families are not eligible for entry into this contest.
DESCRIPTION: The Community Broadcasters Cutest Pet Contest (“Promotion”) begins at 09:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 4/16/2018 and ends at 05:00 PM on 5/24/2018.
Entrants will submit a photo of their pet to the contest at http://www.cbelmira.com/thewolf/cutest-pet-contest/
SPONSOR: Community Broadcasters, 2205 College Avenue, Elmira Heights, NY 14903.
ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to legal residents of New York and Pennsylvania, 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees, directors and officers and their immediate families (spouses and siblings, parents and children and their spouses) and household members of Community Broadcasters (“Sponsor”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, dealerships and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Promotion (collectively the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible.
AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Promotion, each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
LIMIT: ONE (1) CONTEST ENTRY PER PERSON. In the event more than one (1) Entry is received from any one person or email address, the first Entry processed will be considered the only valid Entry received. In the event of a dispute, online Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. No mechanical reproductions of entry forms permitted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations or any other methods will void that participant’s Entries and that participant may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. Sponsor will not accept submissions from wireless domains, blacklist domains, or any email address Sponsor deems to be potentially harmful to the Website. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
WINNER SELECTION: For the contest, there will be only one winner. All winners will be determined by “votes” on the http://www.cbelmira.com/thewolf/cutest-pet-contest/ webpage. The sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry or votes for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud. In the event of a tie in number of votes, the top two entrants will split the prize. Vote tabulation will be conducted by the third party software “Aptivada”. Potential contest winners will be contacted by the Administrator by telephone and email and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit/Release”) within seven days of receipt. If the prize notification is rejected, returned, or deemed undeliverable or the potential winner fails to execute and return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time or if he/she is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, that potential winner will be deemed ineligible and the prize will be forfeited or awarded to an alternate as solely determined by Sponsor. Winner will be required to provide his/her Social Security number or tax ID for tax reporting purposes as Sponsor will file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, that prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate.
GENERAL CONDITIONS / RELEASE: By participating, Entrants release Promotion Entities, their respective directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize including, but not limited to the prize quality or availability except for Sponsor and the limited warranty provided with the Prize. Neither Promotion Entities nor any service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or Website or to complete a telephone call or facsimile transaction, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost or misdirected mail, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS OR INSTANT WIN GAME, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entry or Entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at http://www.cbelmira.com/thewolf/cutest-pet-contest/ The Prize winner will be made, from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the termination, cancellation or suspension, as Administrator determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION/DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Michigan.
- Entrants must hold all rights for visual content uploaded as image owner (parent/guardian) or by holding written consent provided to you by the owner (eg: a professional photographer).
- Any material created by or on behalf of Community Broadcasters utilizing your submission material or any part thereof is and shall remain the property of Community Broadcasters for clarity you retain ownership of your submission material. Community Broadcasters and its approved and credible partners have the right to use a reference to the submission in connection with such content, if they choose to do so. This will normally be in the form of first name, age and place of residence. E.g. Tom, aged 14 months from Corning, and entry image. Each participant in the competition authorizes that his / her name and photograph be published on the site and social media platforms of Community Broadcasters. By registering and entering (including voting in) the Cutest Pet Contest, you are consenting to the use of your information (including address, where collected, and e-mail) being used for future correspondence, by e-mail or post from Community Broadcasters, and your information being passed to third parties for marketing purposes. We want the information you receive from us and third parties to be as relevant to you based on personal information you have given us.
ENTRANT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION: Information collected from Entrants is subject to Community Broadcasters, Elmira, NY.
General Contest Rules:
In the following rules, “CBLLC” means Community Broadcasters, LLC,:
1. Some CBLLC contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on CBLLC during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
2. Anytime you call the CBLLC studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
3. Contestants agree, that their voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
4. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. CBLLC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
5. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the CBLLC studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent an IRS form 1099 if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
6. All CBLLC contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over unless otherwise noted. Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to CBLLC that will be presented to CBLLC and accepted before the prize is awarded.
7. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the CBLLC studios unless otherwise noted, between 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
8. Employees and Interns of Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, interns, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees or interns of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the CBLLC main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee or intern and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee or intern is current legal guardian.
9. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
10. CBLLC reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
11. Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
12. CBLLC reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) should events beyond CBLLC’s control warrant.
13. CBLLC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
14. CBLLC shall not be held liable for any technical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions.
15. Regarding CBLLC’s on-line contests, all fields must be completed and rules published for, for them on-line must be followed for eligibility to win.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of CBLLC, as defined at the exclusive discretion of CBLLC management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not CBLLC’s responsibility.
16. Radio stations are not responsible for issues/disconnect/drops with phone calls made to station for contesting. If your call becomes disconnected for any reason, we reserve the right to move on to next call to obtain winner(s).
17. A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the CBLLC studios.