Shoeper Bowl Official Contest Rules
WPGI-FM- 100.9 The Wolf
The Shoeper Bowl
100.9 The Wolf’s Shoeper Bowl (the “Contest”) sponsored by WPGI-FM 100.9 The Wolf(the “Station”) begins at 12:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 22, 2018 and continues until February 3, 2018.(“Contest Period”). Station may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and posted on the wolf website(www.cbelmira.com).
Who Can Enter
- To enter, contestants must be legal residents of the State of New York, or Pennsylvania, who are 18 years of age or older.
- Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Station, contest sponsors and any other Elmira-Corning area radio stations, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
- Each weekday (Monday-Friday) during the Contest Period during the 8am, 11am, and 5pm hour, the station will solicit for caller 10 to participate in a trivia question. Listeners will call the designated contest number, 607-735-9653. If the tenth caller correctly answers the question, they will receive a $10 Mooney’s at The Arnot Mall giftcard (“Qualifying Prize”). If the tenth caller is incorrect, the station will take the next correct guess at 607-735-9653 and award the Qualifying Prize.
The station and Sponsors may also conduct alternate entry methods including, but not limited to, Facebook contests, in-person, and on-site contests.
All winners of a Qualifying Prize will also be invited to participate in the grand prize competition “Shoeperbowl” on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
At the Shoeperbowl grand prize competition, each listener in attendance who won a qualifying prize will be given an opportunity to participate. The listener who won the Qualifying Prize must be the person who participates in the event. No substitutions are permitted. Contestants will be given one opportunity to select one shoe from the designated shoe box. They will receive one kick off of their choice of either left or right foot. Contestants will kick a shoe off their foot from the designated point on the field toward the designated goal post(target). Each contestant who makes their attempt will move on to the next round. This will continue until all but one contestant is left. Rounds will continue with each contestant that makes their attempt from designated further positions on the field. Last remaining contest is declared grand prize winner. Each Contestant receives a maximum of one kick in the competition, regardless of how many qualifying prizes they may have won and may not transfer any additional kicks to another person. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a new 50 inch TV, valued at $500 and gift card from Mooney’s for a mini-party pack. Taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner.
In the event of a tie, in which two or more contestants make their attempts from the furthest point on the field, there will be a tie-breaker round between those contestants. One additional round of kicking is to occur with each participant who was involved in the tie to receive one kick. The one who makes in the tie-breaker round will win the Grand Prize. In the event of a tie during a tie-breaker round, the tie-breaking process shall repeat until a winner is determined.
Only one Grand Prize will be awarded. Station management is the sole judge of Contest. All decisions are final.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contestants may only win one prize per person valued at or above $500 every six months unless specified otherwise.
- Station is not responsible for any entries, internet connections and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are illegible. Station is not responsible for any printing errors. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Entries that are determined by Station to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Station’s sole discretion.
- One or more contests may be announced from time to time. Station may run more than one contest simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
- Depending on the contest, the Station will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
- For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line (the phone number will be given on the air) at a particular time or times. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g., first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer). Only those calls to the specific phone number provided, at the time calls are solicited, shall be eligible to win. Calls to the main Station phone number or any other phone number are not acceptable. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct. By calling the Station’s call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Station’s recording and/or broadcasting contestant’s name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
- For mail-in contests, entries must be received at the announced address by the announced deadline. Mail-in entries must be legible and contain all information required.
- For entry boxes contests, all entries which are mutilated, tampered with, illegible or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries which are not deposited in the official entry box will be void. Unless otherwise specified, only official entry blanks are eligible (no mechanical reproductions will be accepted).
- For internet based entries, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
- If a name is announced on-air as a potential winner who is required to call-in to win, only the actual person who entered can win and must be the person who calls in. Persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual entrant.
- All prizes awarded on-air or on-line must be picked up at the Station’s studios at 2205 College Avenue, Elmira Heights, NY 14903 during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, unless otherwise specified. Prizes will not be mailed, unless otherwise determined by the Station.
- Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners are required to sign a Release relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
- Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- Prizes not claimed within 30 business days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
- Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
- Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted. For random drawing, the odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. All tie breaking procedures will be announced on-air and/or communicated in writing to tied contest participants.
- Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
- By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby agree that Station has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant’s participation in any such contest.
- By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby consents to the Station and contest sponsors’ usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call.
- Complete contest rules are available at the Station studios at 2205 College Avenue, Elmira Heights, NY 14903 during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or go online at www.cbelmira.com.
- Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry or prize claim including, without limitation, any internet telephone call connections.
- Station reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
General Contest Rules
In the following rules, “CBLLC” means Community Broadcasters, LLC,:
1. Some CBLLC contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on CBLLC during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
2. Anytime you call the CBLLC studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
3. Contestants agree, that their voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
4. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. CBLLC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
5. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the CBLLC studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent an IRS form 1099 if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
6. All CBLLC contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over unless otherwise noted. Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to CBLLC that will be presented to CBLLC and accepted before the prize is awarded.
7. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the CBLLC studios unless otherwise noted, between 8:30am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
8. Employees and Interns of Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, interns, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees or interns of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the CBLLC main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee or intern and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee or intern is current legal guardian.
9. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
10. CBLLC reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
11. =Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
12. CBLLC reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) should events beyond CBLLC’s control warrant.
13. CBLLC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
14. CBLLC shall not be held liable for any technical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions.
15. Regarding CBLLC’s on-line contests, all fields must be completed and rules published for, for them on-line must be followed for eligibility to win.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of CBLLC, as defined at the exclusive discretion of CBLLC management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not CBLLC’s responsibility.
16. A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the CBLLC studios.